A couple of items of note:
- Please see the link at the top of the page for the entry form link to the Nass 3 Wall coming in June. Don’t miss the best outdoor event of the year.
- Don’t forget the Hot Dog bash on May 12th. It’s going to be a blast.
- The rest of our summer events have been added to the calendar. Click the calendar above to see more
- 4th and 5th of July will be the Sutera’s worst tournament celebrating the Sutera Matriach Agnes.
- The KCAC board has accepted the resignation of Jay Vader. Thanks for your service big potna!
- The KCAC board has voted unanimously to add Chris Herbig in Jay’s place. Welcome Chris!
- The focus for 2018 fundraisers for the KCAC is to address the deferred maintenance of our property. We have many parts of the house that are in bad shape and deferring them will further the risk of our building. For more details around what is planned, please reach out to a board member
- more to come! Can’t wait to get outside!!!
Congratulations to Sam Esser, 2018 Missouri State Singles champion. Sam defeated Jeff Streibig in the semifinals before besting his good friend Max Langmack in the finals. The sky is truly the limit for Sam, it’s going to be exciting to see how great he is going to be.
Also congrats to KCAC member Tom Bembynista on winning the 60’s singles as well.
Spring has sprung!! The first tournament of the season is set for May 12th. The Hot Dog showdown is a fundraiser to secure money to buy a new Grill for the KCAC and to set up our supply for delicious grilled meats all summer for our Fun Thursday nights hosted by Bub and Balint. Please review the linked flyer below and let Chris or Jimmy know if you will be participating in this fun one-day event. If you cannot participate, please consider a donation as this will help make summer great again at the KCAC.
Join our Free Folk allies North of the wall on May 4th as they host the 70th annual Tallcorn handball tournament. It is a very fun event hosted by a great handball group, I’ve made the trip a couple of times and had a blast. Linkydinkydoo below:
The 2018 KCAC calendar has been updated to include all events for the 2018 calendar year. There will still be other events added so stay tuned, but the events published are not going to change so plan accordingly.
ALSO, check back soon as there are rumors of a Cinco De Mayo one day blind draw doubles tournament being organized. Should be good fun.
Ryan Willis and George Watson successfully defended their doubles championship on Sunday 3/18. Next up on the contenders are the former champs Hector Jr and Chip in what will be a fantastic rematch. I recommend getting a seat for this one. Stay tuned and I will post the date and time on the KCAC site. Check out the Doubles Championship site for all details.
Congratulations to George Watson and Ryan Willis in defeating former champions Hector Facio Jr and Chip Morales. Saturday morning, 3/03 they played in a barnburner with the new champs barely defeating them 11-9 in a tie breaker. This officially marks Watson and Willis as the best doubles team in Kansas City, so all handball competitors across the country, take note. Please check out the Belt pages to see when they have to defend, who the contenders will be (and yes a rematch has already been approved), and the legacy and results info.
April 6th – 8th our bros across the state are hosting the annual Missouri Singles state tournament and hall of fame banquet. Please try to join us for this fun tournament.
For immediate release:
The Kansas City Athletic Club is proud to announce that the KCAC Doubles Championship belts are back on. The current champions, Hector Facio Jr and Chip Morales, will be making their first title defense against contenders Mitch Meagher and Nick Scherzer on Sunday at 3:30pm at the Athletic Club of Overland Park. Please come out to the ACOP and watch the exciting title match. And stay tuned for more exciting championship handball in the near future.