Please click on the linked entry form for the Heart of America handball tournament coming up next month. I look forward to seeing everyone there, and of course whooping you on the court!
The 4th annual KCAC Big Ball classic will be held September 15th at 12:00pm. The games will be to 15points using the back lines. This is a very fun tournament where the best big ballers from the KC area come out to our club. If you haven’t tried big ball yet you are missing out. Cost will be approx $25. Please plan to be at the KCAC for this fun event and the Facio’s will get you signed up.
Save the date for the Annual Heart of America handball tournament at the Athletic Club of Overland Park, the weekend of October 13th. There will be a massive contingent of college entries from all over the Midwest, so prepare to see some exciting handball. Entry forms will be coming soon to the website, so check back soon.
Good luck to all of our competitors this weekend. Going to be a blast as always
Come one, come all to the greatest outdoor tournament in the world. The date for this year’s engagement will be August 9th – 12th. Get your partner, get trained up, and see you on the court.
Congratulations to our champions last weekend!
- Open: Shorty Ruiz defeated Chip Morales
- Contenders: Dan Johnson defeated Johan Campos
- Masters: Matt Campion/Hector Facio defeated Nick Scherzer/Jeffrey Sutera
- Golden Masters: Bill Fish/Paul Pfannenstiel defeated Marty Clemens/Jim Wohl
- Super Golden Masters: Jim Fox/John Sanford defeated John Duma/Tom Bembynista
- Legends: Russ Finkle/Mitch Welch defeated Tim Clemons/Bob Sneziak
Thanks to the committee on a superb tournament and see you all on the 4th of July and in early August for the Paul Quirk World’s
Good luck to everyone this weekend.
PS – If you are an out-of-towner coming in this weekend for the tournament FROM THE EAST: come in from I-670 to Central, Central to 7th Street, 7th Street north to Armstrong, then west to the club as the viaduct is shut down i-70 to downtown kc ks
A couple of items of note:
- Please see the link at the top of the page for the entry form link to the Nass 3 Wall coming in June. Don’t miss the best outdoor event of the year.
- Don’t forget the Hot Dog bash on May 12th. It’s going to be a blast.
- The rest of our summer events have been added to the calendar. Click the calendar above to see more
- 4th and 5th of July will be the Sutera’s worst tournament celebrating the Sutera Matriach Agnes.
- The KCAC board has accepted the resignation of Jay Vader. Thanks for your service big potna!
- The KCAC board has voted unanimously to add Chris Herbig in Jay’s place. Welcome Chris!
- The focus for 2018 fundraisers for the KCAC is to address the deferred maintenance of our property. We have many parts of the house that are in bad shape and deferring them will further the risk of our building. For more details around what is planned, please reach out to a board member
- more to come! Can’t wait to get outside!!!